I am excited to announce I have joined Charlotte Cassady at Cassady Law Firm. It is an honor to join a practice that has been fighting for the rights of students for almost two decades. You can find me at (206) 452-5665 x.3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was honored to present at the Washington Autism Alliance & Advocacy "Blueprints to the IDEA" special education law workshop. This is a unique opportunity to hear from experienced special education attorneys about how to better advocate for your child. These workshops are offered several times a year, and I'll be presenting again in the fall. Topics included:
- The Evaluation Process, the role of Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
- Eligibility: How is it determined? How old must a child be? Must a child be identified as a certain category to receive services?
- The IEP Meeting: What can I expect? What do all the sections mean? How is it authorized, what do I sign? My IEP is out of date, what steps can I take to modify it?
- Is it One size Fits All? What program types and related services are available?
- Understanding FAPE & the LRE
- All about transition planning
- What are the steps I can take to resolve disputes with the IEP
- I am worried about seclusion and restraints, what are my child’s rights?